Thursday, January 29, 2015

GOSH Bronzing shimmer powder review.


Last summer, I won a big contest by GOSH. I got to pick £300/$456 worth of products. And this was one of the products I picked. Although it said "bronzing powder" I never intented to use it as such. I picked it because it looked like one of those multi purpose products, a lot of brands have. Like the shimmer bricks and shimmer strips. And that's what I wanted this for, and why I chose the pink version.

This also comes in a bronze version, but I don't care much for shimmery bronzer, so I thought this would be the most versatile option for me.

Price: DKK 99,95 or £7,99 at superdrug, yet another Danish product that is more expensive in Denmark than other countries.

Packaging: I'm a sucker for GOSH packaging. The quality of the packaging is great and pretty much always look high end to me. This is very compact, and a lot slimmer than your regular powder compact. The plastic is matte, but not rubbery matte and is not an extreme fingerprint magnet, like some matte packaging. You get 9 grams of product.


It did come with a glittery overspray, but I just dusted that off with a clean brush before using it for the first time.

I have used this in a multitude of ways. I use it as a glowy blush, it does not contain glitter but it does give a nice highlighted glow to the skin. When I concentrate my brush at the 2 lightest shade, I get a beautiful iridescent higliht. I also use it as eyeshadow. I rarely use it as a stand alone eyeshadow product, but I like to take the darkest Shades and use them in my crease to add warmth to my eye look. On the eyes, it does not look overly shimmery or metallic, it actually looks more like a semi matte finish, but on the face it gives the perfect amount of glow.




I'm very pleased with this product, it's not as metallic or shimmery as some other shimmer strips options available. And I like that about it. The colors are super flattering on my complexion and I just love how versatile this is.

I have had no problems with staying power on the face or on the eyes. I have not reached much for it this Winter, but I predict that it will become a staple part of my makeup routine come summer. (as it was last summer)

I definately recommend this, if you want a more subtle version of the well known shimmer bricks/strips. And if you love multi purpose products. Definately a great product to have.

Have you tried these? what do you think of multi purpose products like these?

 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely product! Such a nice shade.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty on the skin. I'm very pleased that I picked this shade... I'll go have a look at your blog :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig