Saturday, January 31, 2015

L.A. Girl Glazed lip paint review


I've seen so many youtubers rave about these, so when I did my last beautyjoint haul, I knew I had to get a few. I chose 3 Shades that stood out to me, that I also would be able to mix together. It has taken me quite a while to get to this point, where I'm ready to review them. They just sat in my "to try" drawer for what seems like an eternity. But now I'm ready to share these with you.

Price: $3,29 on www.beautyjoint.com My Whole order was 20% off at the time I purchased mine.

Packaging: I do have to say, that L.A. Girl definately got inspired by the Too Faced Melted lipsticks - at least when it comes to the outside packaging. I really like the look of this packaging. The color coordinated tubes, the gold lettering, it just does not look like a $3 product. I do have to say that application straight from the tube is quite messy. I recommend using a lip brush. So that's something that could have been better about the packaging. You get an astounding 12ml (0,40 fl.oz.)


I got the Shades "seduce" "blushing" and "Elude" 


L-R: Seduce, Blushing, Elude
These are quite liquidy, but easy to apply with a lip brush. I'm quite impressed with the pigmentation, these are NOT sheer by any Means but you can control how opaque they are by how much you apply.

The scent is minty, it's not a true mint but leaning more towards spearmint but it's pretty mild, so it's not going to make your lips feel cool or tingly, and the scent is not going to be noticable once Applied.

They feel very nice on the lips, they are not sticky and they are not drying at all. They maintain a creamy shine and they do not set or dry to a matte finish. Wich unfortunately brings me to the fact that these are not very long wearing. You will need to reapply these if you want to maintain the opaque color. Seeing how the applicator is no good, you would need to keep a lip brush in your purse if you where to take these with you.

So here is a little tip on how I like to take these with me:

I keep a retractable lip brush in my purse, and put some of the product in a Little sample jar, this way I can touch up througout the day, even if I'm wearing my own custom mix of the Shades.


I'm pretty pleased with these lippies, at first I wasn't so sure, I thought application would be too much of a hassle. I like my lippies to be no fuss-easy to apply. But after I started doing the thing with the retractable lip brush and the sample jar, I've really been enjoying playing with these and mixing them.

My favorite mix at the moment is 1 part "elude" to 2 parts "blushing.



My favorite mix as described above.
I really like these, the staying power could be a lot better, but I like that I'm able to mix these and they feel so nice and light wheight on the lips. I'm definately getting more of these. I do really recommend these if you are into playing with your lip colors like I am. But I do have to say that these do not compare to the Too Faced melted, as far as I've been told, there is a signifficant difference in texture, staying power and quality, so keep that in mind.

Have you tried these? would your try them?
 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. They're so pretty! I bought Elude, and I really love it xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to mix these, I want more Shades so I ca get creative :)

      Delete
  2. These look fab, they definitely remind me of the Too Faced ones x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice. They do look a bit like the TF ones but definately not the same texture or staying power.

      Delete
  3. That's such a good idea to put them in a little pot and mix them! So cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. I thought it was pretty clever too *pats myself on the shoulder* ;) And it really makes it a lot easier for touch ups during the day, especially for me, as I like to mix the Shades a lot.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig