Thursday, January 15, 2015

Makeup Revolution - Radiant light - Breathe


I got this in my latest Makeup Revolution haul. I was actually a little unsure, about what exactly I was buying. Was it a highlighter, or was it something I could use all over the face? I've tested it out for about a week now, and I'm ready to tell you what I think of it.

Price: £5  or about $7,89 on Makeup Revolutions website

Packaging: Very standard powder compact. It does look nice with it's Black packaging and gold lettering. I find this a bit hard to open at times, and sometimes I manage to close it in a strange way, making it even harder to open. You get a big mirror and a whopping 12 grams of product.

Shade:  I got "Breathe". There's 2 other Shades, one that is more golden and darker, and one that looks to be lighter and more of a highlight. The one I got (breathe) Is a champagney color with a very subtle glow to it, no glitter or shimmer.


 
I have to say, this is a lot bigger than I thought it would be! It's the size of a face powder, so I definately won't run out any time soon. So what is this Radiant light powder actually? Well, this particular color is a wonderful subtle highlight. It's a bit of a multi tasker for me. It's subtle enough to be used all over the face, for a bit of radiance. Without looking like you stuck your face into a bucket of shimmer. 
 

I use this in different ways. I apply it lightly all over my face for a subtle glow and I apply it more concentrated on the areas I want to highlight. I have even used this as eyeshadow.

I love the subtle glow this gives, it's really hard to go overboard with it and it just looks so natural on the skin. The powder is very finely milled and does not apply powdery at all.



I find that it does not accentuate my pores or any uneven texture I have. It actually works quite well at softening up my skin texute. Wich comes in handy quite often for me. Sometimes my Foundations can enhance the texture of my skin, and I find this to be really helpfull at blurring everything out again.



I'm so happy I decided to get this. I got it on a whim, because I thought " oh well it's new, let's see what it does" And I have not put it down since. Super pleased with this powder. As for staying power, I find it to stay on as long as my other face powders and blushes. It all depends on how oily I am, ( I do apply it over my regular powder) But I have not had any problems with the staying power of this.

I totally recommend this, if you are on the lookout for something similar to the Hourglass powders, that subtle glow you can use all over. It's a great product and it's super affordable as well, you really get a lot of product for the price.
 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. That's a pretty color!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It give such a pretty and subtle glow.

      Delete
  2. Such an amazing color. Love the review & would you like to follow each other
    on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much for the comment. I will go have a look at your blog.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! :) When I lived in Scotland and I went to the Revolution stand I just didn't know what to pick, because I thought the quality for the price must be bad, but know I am looking at your reviews and I am like- WHYYYYYYY??? I should have bought this and the eyeshadow palette. ;/ Now I can't get them where I live. :(


    www.beautybyadnill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sad to hear that. I thought they shipped all over the World? Where are you from?
      Besides their website you can also get it from www.kosmetik4less.de worth a shot?

      Delete
  4. That looks like a good highlighter and for a good price too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great everyday illuminator.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It seemed like it would be the most subltle of the 3. And the dark one seemed well... too dark hehe.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig