Friday, January 30, 2015

Makeup Revolution - Ultra sculpt & contour kit review


Being as pale as me, makes it hard to find a decent contouring product. So when I saw this contour kit in the shade: ultra light, I was intriqued. I got this in my latest Makeup Revolution haul, and have been putting it to the test for quite a while now. So let's get on with the review.

There are 2 Shades available, "Ultra fair" and "light-medium"

Price: £3,50 or about $5,53 at Makeup Revolutions website.

Packaging: Very compact and sleek plastic palette. Even though it's such an affordable product, I still find the quality of the packaging to be nice. It's not flimsy at all, it seems quite sturdy and it even has a bit of wheight to it. It does have a teeny tiny mirror in the lid, wich I find to be useless but other than that, I'm very pleased with the quality. You get 11 grams of product.



This contour kit comes with 3 face powders; a matte bronzer, a beautiful champagne highlight and a pink blush with a golden sheen.

I am very pleased with the bronzer, I can easily use this as a contour and even to add warmth to my face. It's rare for me to find a bronzer that is cool toned enough but still very wearable as a contour AND bronzer, that can still add warmth to my skin as well. The highlight is absolutely amazing, it reminds me quite a lot of my Mary Lumanizer in tone and quality. I do wish that the blush would have been matte. Honestly... I'm not going to wear a glowy blush AND a glowy highlight at the same time. I do like the blush, but when I use it, I skip the highlight.


I am so impressed with the quality of these powders, they are silky smooth, pigmented and extremely well made. I feel like I'm using a high end product when I use this kit.

I have had absolutely no problems with the staying power. I don't feel the need to touch up throughout the day, as I do with some of my more affordable face products.

I have to say that Makeup Revolution really did a great job with this kit, and I love that they make products for Guys and girls as pale as me. I just can't say enough great Things about this very affordable kit. The quality is not just amazing for the Price, it's amazing all together.

I definately recommend this kit, especially for the bronzer and the highlight, I could have done without the shimmer in the blush though. Definately a great product to have in your Collection.


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Ohh this is such a cute Palette~ ^ ^
    I wish that it did not have such a shimmery finish though! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would have prefered the blush to be matte.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I would have prefered the blush to be matte.

      Delete
  2. This looks a good contour kit. Is the bronzer matte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe as I write in the post, it is indeed matte.

      Delete
  3. Love the highlighter and the blush! :) The bronzer looks a bit to warm for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's not completely cool toned, but still one of my least warm matte bronzers that is light enough for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. The highlighter is very pigmenter, it's pretty great.

      Delete
  6. It seems you have everything I need pertaining to makeup revolution! They do remind me of Sleek palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these could look a bit like the Sleek ones.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig