Sunday, January 4, 2015

Yves Rocher - Nail lacquer review

 
*This items was sent to me for review purposes, all opinions are my own*

I was very interested to try out this nail polish from Yves Rocher, as I've not really tried their nail polishes before. They sent me the color 102 Aubergine wich is great for this time of year.

Price: 65DKK or about 6£  on the Danish wesibte, please see your local Yves Rocher for prices.

Pacgaging: It's a tall sleek nail polish bottle, not as chubby as a regular nail polish. Overall an average packaging that seems to Work fine with no defects to it. You get 5,5ml compared to the 8 ml you get in a Gosh nail polish, or the 12 ml you get in a Rimmel Salon pro. So it's on the smaller side.

I have to say, that whilst looking on their website, I could not find this particular shade amongst the other ones. So I'm not sure if this particular color is sold out or what. But there are 14 other Shades to choose from, in that same nail polish line.

Yves Rocher claims that this nail polish is opaque in one coat, that it has a lot of shine and that it is free of formaldehyde and tolulene. It's dermalogically tested and contains natural resin and argan oil.




I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with this nail polish, it really does live up to it's claim. One coat is all you need, and it goes on smooth and opaque. I would suggest adding a base coat and/or topcoat, as I find that a thin layer of nail polish will chip faster than a thicker layer.

When it comes to chipping, I'm not the greatest Expert, all nail polish chip on me within the first day or two. I have brittle nails that tend to split, so that's why nothing stays perfect on my nails. And that's also why I really benefit from a good base coat. I found this to stay nice for about 2 days, wich is on the better end of the scale for me.



 
I've been wearing it for 2 weeks straight (with touch ups and such.. ofcourse) And this has not stained my nails, I find it very easy to remove with my acetone free nail polish remover.
 
I'm quite pleased with this polish and I certainly would consider getting more, if they have a shade that looks like something I would Wear (they have a taupe and a mauve that I'm considering)
 
I don't think that the Price is unfair at all. I don't buy a lot of nail polish, and to me this is a pretty typical Price point for nail polish in Denmark. Yes it is on the smaller side, but you only need one coat and I can't remember the last time I actually managed to completely use up a nail polish anyways. I think the quality is great and it's easy to work with. I really don't have anything negative to say about this polish.
 
Have you tried these nail polishes? what do you think about it? How much would you normally spen on a nail polish? Would you try this?
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig