Wednesday, February 11, 2015

GOSH Smokey eyes palette - plum




I've had this for quite a while now. It was one of the items i chose last summer, when I won a contest and got to choose a years worth of makeup from GOSH.

Price: DKK 99 or abput £10  or about $15,22

Packaging: I like the design of this palette. Not waisted Space, no sponge tip applicators. It even comes with a Little instuction on where to apply the different colors, this one is actually pretty good.



Shade: 03 plum. You get 4 eyeshadows 1 White with a purple/pink subtle irridescence to it, 1 golden pink shade, 1 taupey lilac shade and one dark smokey plum shade.

I have to say that I'm not all that impressed with these. Don't get me wrong, the eyeshadows themselves are decent. Pigmentation is good and they are easy to Work with. They stay on nicely all day and the quality overall is great. But I just wish that these would show up a Little more vibrant than they do.

They go on almost semi matte and you don't really see the gold ind the golden pink or the irridescence in the White. When swatched they look amazing, but on the eyes they are far from mind blowing.

There is nothing wrong with the quality, it's more the colours that just did not wow me at all.

I'm happy I got to try it, but I would not repurchase this and I rarely reach for this, as I always end up dissapointed. Particular in the golden pink, that swatches so lovely but is so lacklustre on the eyes.


To me this palette is not worth it, I would rather get another quad, and you can get some great ones for the Price of this palette, heck you could get the 32 shade palette from Makeup Revolution and still have Money left for lipsticks... So I would skip this one.

I'm not trying to bash GOSH, if you have read my blog, you will know that GOSH is one of my favorite brands, but this particular palette just did not win me over.

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. It's a shame the colors aren't more vibrant. I really like the dark purple color x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, because I normally love these types of shades

      Delete
  2. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you Diana. That means a lot to me. I will go have a look at your site.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a nice palette!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig