Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra velour lip cream.


I have had the worst of luck with Makeup Revolution lip products. I don't like their velvet lacquers, I do like the £1 lipsticks but hate the packaging, I'm not sure what I think about the liphugs yet and now we have this product.

Price: £3

Packaging: Nice, simple, classy.I've had no problems with any malfunctions. Nice doe foot wand.


Shade: Not one for playing games.

I would describe this as a semi-matte lip gloss. It feels very light on the lips, yet has an oily feel to it as well. It's not hydrating, it's slightly drying on my lips.

The scent is nice though, it's like a buttecream Vanilla scent.



I'm not quite sure what to think of this, I think I was expecting opaque color like the original velvet laquers but in a lip cream formulation. I can't say anything about the other Shades. But the one I got is extremely sheer. I have to pile it on to get any color and even then my own lip color shows through.



I do like how it makes my lips look more full, but I'm not a fan of the greasy texture and very sheer finish. I've only tried this color so I'm not sure if they are all like this, but in the name of "makeup research" I will try more colors to see if it's just this one.

It's not a complete fail for me, I like the scent and it does look nice on the lips. But it's not what I was expecting or hoping it would be. I'm not a fan of the feel of it at all, but it does help to put a Little bit of balm underneath it.

Staying power is not great. But I don't think it claims to be long lasting anyways.

So yeah, another luke-warm review of a MUR lip product. I really really love MUR but I'm not really getting along with a lot of their lip products. I do love their £1 lip glosses, those are the best lip glosses ever. I really want to love all their lippies as MUR makes some awesome Shades. But oh well you can't please everyone.

have you tried these? what did you think?

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig