Friday, February 13, 2015

My lipstick collection - the hybrids

 
The last installment in this lipstick Collection series, is what I call the "hybrids" These are meant to be lip butter and/or colored lip balms. But I prefer to think of them as sheer lipsticks. As not all of these qualify as balm in my book, some of them just lack the hydration that I expect from a balm or lip butter, so that's why they fall under the lipstick category for me.

L-R: Maybelline color whisper, L'oreal color caresse, GOSH soft n shine, Oriflame palladium, MAC sheen supreme, Revlon lip butter, clinique butter shine.
 
As you can see, I love me a good sheer and hydrating lippie. I definately enjoy these types of products and i don't think I can pick a favorite amongst these. I just love them all and I use them regularly. Maybe i could give you a least favorite, that would have to be the Oriflame one, it contains some pretty agressive shimmer and the packaging feels very very cheap.  Even though it was probably the 3rd most expensive out of the bunch.
 
I'm definately planning on getting more of these types of lippies. As they are great to just keep in your purse and most of these can be Applied without the aid of a mirror.
 
If you want to know more about a particular one of these, please feel free to ask me about them in the comments.
 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. You have so much lipstick! I literally have 2 tubes of lipstick and about 6 tubes of lipgloss. I love the color in that L'oreal Color Caresse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a Little crazy... I think it's because whenever I shop for budget makeup, lip products tend to be super affordable so that way I can get a LOT of products and not spend a tonne of Money And now that I look at my Collection I can tell that 11 of these were free (gifts with purchase and contest winnings)hehe. I love a good bargain and a good lipcolor.

      Delete
  2. I envy your lipstick collection! They're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, most of them are really budget friendly. I'm not that into crazy expensive lipstick. I'm trying to be a Little better at not purchasing any lppie that I see hehe, but somehow those lip products always lure me in.

      Delete
  3. Clinique Buttershine "Pink Goddess" is my go to colour... I have pretty full lips so unless the colour is perfect, an opaque lipstick is a BIG statement (which, is ok sometimes)

    fabulous collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment I think you would look aboutely awesome with a nice red lip. But that clinique buttershine is pretty great.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig