Sunday, February 8, 2015

My lipstick collection - The Jumbo pens


 
I'm continuing my Collection posts today, with the first installment of my lipstick Collection. I felt it best to divide this category into smaller sections. So I will do the following posts; The acctual lipsticks, the hybrids, the jumbo pens, the stains and the liquid lipsticks.
 
So let's get started with the jumbo pens. I have a little obsession with anything in a jumbo pen format, be it eyeshadow, concealer or lipstick. So ofcourse I've hoarded quite a few of them. 

The neutrals
L-R: Rimmel colour rush balm, Jordana twist & shine, NYC twistable intense lip color, Revlon laquer balm.

The neutrals are pretty much my go to lippies. I wear these all the time especially the NYC twistable lip color. When it comes to neutrals I'm more into a good light mauve than an actual nude.


The pinks
L-R: Revlon balm stain, Revlon matte balm, Rimmen colour rush balm, LA colors lip pencil, Essence road trip balm.
 
 I don't wear pink on a regular basis, but I've gathered quite the collection anyways. It's hard for me to find a good pink for my skin tone, but these all work really well for me. I actually sometimes use them as cheek colors too.
 
So they are all drugstore, no high end jumbo pens yet. I would like to try some, but I'm too cheap to spend a crazy amount of money on 1 lippie unless it's the perfect shade for me.
 
There is a huge difference in quality with these, and my biggest problem with half of them is, that the lettering wears off really fast, so I can't see the shade names on all of these.
 
Packaging wise, Revlon and NYC is the best. LA colors is the worst.
 
Texture wise, Rimmel is the best, they also have the nicest scent. I have to say that the Rimmel ones, do stain your lips, in the same way the Revlon balm stain does.
 
My favorite color out of them all has to be the NYC one.
 
If you have any questions about any of these lippies, feel free to ask in the comments.



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Great shades!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of lip pens. My favorite is that really bright Revlon one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as bright once the stain starts to take effect, but it's still pretty bright,

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Are you more of a traditional listick girl? Or do you prefer any other type of lippie?

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig