Monday, February 2, 2015

Palmer's cocoa body butter review

I decided to get out ouf bed for a Little, and try and write a review. I'm currently sick with the flu, but I missed blogging. So I've got a Little review for you today.

I've been wanting to try this body butter for a very lo g time. I feel like everybody was talking about it a few years ago. But I have not seen it mentioned anywhere in a while now. So I'm a Little late to the party, but it's not available in Denmark so I had to get it from the Boots website. Now I finally have it, and I'm ready to tell you what I think.

Price: £4,9 at boots international webshop

Packaging: Very basic White plastic packaging. It reminds me of taking trips to Germany with my Family, and buying some no name discount products. So definately nothing special about the packaging. But it does it's job and I have had no malfunctions. Ypu get 170grams or 6oz.

There's a couple of Things I would like to adress, like the scent and color of this butter. I'm not a fan of the scent, it smells like Honey, a very natural type of scent. And the color is a Little strange too. The scent and color actually made me feel, that allthough I did not like it, it was ok because this was probably because of natural ingredients... I was wrong... Both the scent and the color are additives. Yup it contains yellow dye and fragrance...

Actually this contains a whole lot of not-so-natural ingredients. I was suckered in by the "made with natural cocoa butter" statement, wich is very true, they are not lying about that, but that's pretty much all that's natural about this butter. So I feel like Palmer's are consiously trying to make this product look, smell and seem more natural than it actually is. I'm not a fan of that.

 
When all that is said and done, this is still a very nice body butter. It's very moisturizing and it feels really nice on the skin, but I have to say that I feel a little cheated. I know this is super affordable, but I still feel like they consiously tried to make this seem more natural than it is, by actually adding additives to make it look and smell more natural.
 
I have to say it's really nice on the skin, and I would consider repurchasing because I actually really like it, although I don't like the scent. But I just had to share my surprise about the color and scent additives.
 
Have you tried this? Do you find this a little misleading or am I reading too much into this?
 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i like this product, am going to check out there website, spot removal cream?
    view my new post. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/02/your-freyrs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you are asking? If Palmer's do a spot removal cream or? I have only tried this particular product from the brand so I could not tell you. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig