Saturday, February 7, 2015

Revlon Photoready skinlights review


I remember buying the original Revlon skinlights back when I was in 10th grade, over 10 years ago. I was on a school trip to the UK and I went a little makeup crazy (yes even back then I had that crave). I used the heck out of that product and was sad to see it go. So when Revlon relaunched them in new packaging and everything, I was pretty excited to get my hands on it Again. I got this last year in my US Drugstore haul, but honestly never really got around to using it.

Price: $10-$13 depending on where you get it. I'm pretty sure I got mine at walmart. But I believe Revlon products are available in a lot of countries, just not Denmark.

Packaging: It looks very much like a Foundation tube. I'm pretty neutral about this packaging. It has not given me any troubles and it seems sturdy enough. You do get quite a lot of product 30ml!

I have to say, I'm still in love with this product. It's very liquidy and very blendable. It gives me just a sheer subtle glow without looking shimmery og glittery. I love using this on my body as well as my face, it just gives an amazing glow, like you were just naturally this "lit from within".


It's pure nostalgia for me whenever I use this. I remember using this for summer parties and feeling like J-lo with my glowy skin. I'm not as crazy obsessed with it anymore, as I was back then. But I still think this is an amazing illuminator. I'm more into the subtle glow that the BAM in your face highlighter so this is perfect for me.


I think this product is super versatile, I've used it mixed with Foundation to add a bit of glow, I've used it on my body and ofcourse as a regular liquid highlight.  I don't recommend using it all over your face, underneath your Foundation. I found it made my dry patches more noticable that way.

But all in all, I still really like this product. I may not "bathe" in it like I did when I was 16-17, but I can definately still see why I liked it so much back then.

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I have this liquid highlighter too and I really like it during the summer, but I have to wear it under my foundation as it's much too shimmery for me xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it too shimmery at all, it's very Dewey, but not shimmery on me, what color option do you have? I do tend to set it with a bit of invisible powder because of the dewey-ness. But my skin is very dry at the moment so I need that glow hehe.

      Delete
  2. Nice product dear!
    New post now on blog
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-beddinginn.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love me some versatile products :)

      Delete
  4. This looks great!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice on my Winter dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks intriguing for SURE! I might just have to go pick up some at Ulta!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great. I wish we had an Ulta in Denmark :) or a Target... i would go there all the time hehe.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig