Wednesday, March 11, 2015

LA Colors 30 color eyeshadow palette - Back to basics


If you have followed me for a while, you have probably heard me rave about the LA. Colors 30 color eyeshadow palettes. I love them! so I decided I needed to try this one called "back to basics"

Price: $4,99 at beautyjoint.com

Packaging: Typical cheap plastic packaging. This palette has a white packaging, the older ones I have has a black packaging. It's not the sturdiest of palettes but it's quite compact and I like the way everything is divided into sections of 5.

click Picture to enlarge
I was really intriqued by the colors in this palette. It's a nice mix of neutrals and some more colorful options. But I have to say that I prefer the older palettes over this. This palette is a Little hit or miss. Not every single color goes on true to the color in the pan and I don't feel that the pigmentation is as intense as the older ones. And some of the lighter colors go on kinda funky, they add a texture to the eyes and it's not that flattering.



A good primer is key, when using this palette. I used the Benefit stay dont stray, and I feel a primer Works better than a cream shadow or shadow base with this palette. I do like how easy these are to blend and I do like the color selection in this palette. But it did not wow me like the older ones I have.

I really hoped that the quality would be the same as it was in the other 30 color palettes. Especially because I got one for a fellow beauty blogger to try it out with me. Fortunately I also gave her one of the better palettes and I hope she likes that one.

no primer
It's not a bad palette at all, I was just expecting something else than what I got. It's not that they are not pigmented or pretty when swatched, it's that they don't apply as pretty to the eyes. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, there are some pretty nice shadows in this palette, but the colors I was most excited for, did not perform that well.

I do still enjoy using it on busy mornings, when I just want a quick and easy makeup look, but it's not going to give me that intense pigmentation or smooth finish that I'm after. So you may want to skip this palette,

Have you tried any of these palettes?



SHARE:

2 comments

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig