Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Maybelline Dream wonder powder

 
I have had this product for almost a year now. I got it in my big drugstore haul last spring. It's not one of my most used powders and I will get to the "why" shortly.
 
Price: Around $8-9 at the drugstore, but there is always a buy 1 get 1 50% off deal somewhere.
 
Packaging: I actually think the packaging looks quite nice. I like that it has a small compartment in the bottom, with a sponge and a mirror. I have traveled with this several times, without it breaking. So thumbs up for packaging!
 
Shade: 10 Porcelain Ivory

Let me start by explaining why I don't use this powder all that much. It's a beautiful powder for normal to dry skin, wich Means it would be perfect for me in the Winter, if it wasn't because it's too dark for my Winter complexion. In the summer, this would be a perfect shade match, but I get oily in the summer, and this has no oil control. So there ya go.

That aside, this is a gorgeous powder, it's super silky and soft, it doesn't cling to dry patches and it just looks so natural on the skin. It would be great for those normal to dry skinned girls. But for us oily girls, this doesn't do much. This doesn't claim to be super oil absorbing or anything and I did not buy it for oil control. I bought this because I wanted a powder that would not look obvious on my face, and this does the job well, my only complaint is the color is too dark.

So this is actually a lovely powder, and even though it's a bit of a miss for me, I still enjoy it. This could easily have become one of my favorite fall/Winter powders if it was just a Little lighter in color.

I do recommend this, if you want a powder that does not look cakey, and you don't have too oily skin or too pale skin or too Deep skin for that matter. I wish more brands would start making more color options for my pale pretties and Deep skin beauties!
 
SHARE:

2 comments

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig