Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Essence - gel nail polish base and top coat

Review of the Essence gel nail polish base- and top coat.
I've always been a fan of Essence nail polish, Essence just always seem to have the right colors and exciting textures for an affordable Price. My only problem with all nail polish is, that it chips within the first 24 hours, I have brittle nails and it does not matter how high end a polish is, it will chip on me.
 
Price: €2,45 each
 
I've tried Mavala base and top coats, and seche vite and all kinds of different brands. But I had never tried a gel polish before. I do have a UV ligt at home, but I can't be bothered with those UV gel polishes. So when I saw different brands come out with these 3 step systems to achieve gel nails without the UV light, I was intriqued. I decided to pick up these gel top- and base coats from Essence as they were super affordable. And I have to say I'm glad I picked them up.

With the base and top coat, I can now have pretty nails for 5 days, no chipping! instead of the less than 1 day I am used to. So that is hughe for me. It actually makes me want to do my naills more often, now that I know it will at least look good for 5 days.

Day 1                                                                 Day 5

So far I have only tried these with a few of my Essence polishes. 2 of them are the new revamped nail polishes from Essence, they are now called gel nail polishes, but you could easily use them without the base or top coat, the formula is the same as I have come to love from the regular Essence polishes. I also tried it with 2 other types of Essence polishes, and the results were equally good. So I don't think it matters what nail polish you use these with, as long as you got that base coat and top coat, you will be good.


I actually find that the base coat is the real hero, I was wearing a matte polish on my pinky this week, just base coat, no top coat, and it lasted just as well as the other nails. So I'm thinking that the base coat is where the magic happens. I cannot recommend the base and top coat enoguh. Maybe 5 days of perfect wear, does not seem like a lot to you, but it's 4 days more than I'm used to, so I'm super happy about these. Other brands, like depend, has also launched these type of "no UV" gel polishes, but for now I'm perfectly content with my Essence, and I definately suggest you pick them up and give them a try. I won't be doing my nails without them Again.

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This sounds really good. I have also problems with chipping nail polishes and given the time it takes to apply a base coat, 2 coats of colour and a top coat, i just do not feel like doing that for just one day (unless its a super special occasion). Essence and catrice have some very amazing products for the price range. its always a hit and miss though, so i love reading reviews. I think i might just pick those up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get it, please let me know what you think of it. I definately have found a holy grail product.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but
    after going through some of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be book-marking it
    and checking back often!

    Also visit my webpage ... natural beauty

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig