Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Makeup Revolution #Lip hug lipsticks

Makeup revolution liphug
*Sorry about the Picture quality, I have had these Pictures for quite a while, so they are not taken with my new Canon EOS 70D*

I've had these Makeup Revolution liphugs for quite a while now, but I wasn't very impressed with them initially. So I kinda forgot about them and left them in the bottom of a drawer. I'm trying to make a point of using all my makeup, so I decided to give these another chance. This will be a pretty mixed review though, just so you know.

Price: about $3,75 so very affordable.
Packaging: I do enjoy this type of lipstick form over the traditional bullet. I find it a lot easier to use and more aesthetically pleasing. The gold lettering on the packaging will rub off with use, wich is a bit of a pet peeve for me. But The color name is on a sticker in the bottom, so you will still be able to see the color name.

I do really enjoy how hydrating and creamy these liphugs are. Thet feel amazing on the lips, and remind me a bit of a more pigmented version of the Revlon lip butters. But I'm not a fan of the scent. It's not an offensive scent at all, it's a little bit coconutty, it reminds me of the MUA lipsticks that I don't really like either. The scent just reminds me of bad lipsticks I have tried in the past, so that's why I don't care for the scent. Another thing is the taste. This does taste like perfume, wich is another of my pet peeves.
 
Makeup revolution liphug swatches

 Top: I wasn't mixed up Bottom: Love can set you free
 
lip swatch
lip swatch
 

I do have to say that the pigmentation is really nice and the texture is amazing. I love how these feel onn the lips. These are not going to last very long on your lips, because of all the creamyness. But If you don't mind reapplying, then it's not going to be a big deal breaker.
 
So I'm not completely sold on these lipsticks. They feel good and pigmentation is great. But the scent and taste puts me off a bit. They are certainly very affordable and I don't think these feel like cheap lipstick at all. They really aren't bad, but they are not my favorites either. So I would say, pick one up if you think you might like it and don't mind the taste. But if you hate perfume-tasting lippies, just skip these.


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love the first color!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting a more dusty light purple after seeing swatches online. But it's a pretty purple anyways :)

      Delete
  2. Are these lipsticks more pigmented then the regular Revolution ones. It's funny you mention the scent, I quite like the smell of the MUA ones, I have no idea why, I just seem to like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ít's a Little hard to explain, but they are thicker in consistency than their regular lipsticks, wich cause them to be more opaque, but I really think it depends on what colors you get from their reuglar line, I have one sheer one and one opaque. But yes I believe the liphugs are more opaque. It's not a bad smell at all, normally I love a coconutty scent. But this exact scent just reminds me of "toy makeup" so for some reason it triggers something in me, that makes me feel like they just can't be that good. Unfortunately the new pro lipstics have the same scent hehe

      Delete
  3. I love the second color. What shade name is it?

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top: I wasn't mixed up Bottom: Love can set you free

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig