Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dresslink haul!

*These items were sent to me by Dresslink for review purposes, all opinions are my own,*

Dresslink was kind enough to let me pick out a few items from their website, to review. I was allowed to spend $20 including shipping, and I could pick whatever I wanted within my budget. So I picked out a hand bag, a brush set and some nail stickers. I think that's a pretty great deal for $20 if you ask me.
 
Handbag $3,45

Picture from Dresslink, to commpare with the actual product.
This is actually going to be part of a gift, for a friend of mine. I'm thinking of putting gifts in the bag, and using the bag as "gift wrap" Pretty fancy gift wrap huh? I was positively surprised by this bag. I mean it's $3,45 so I wasn't expecting much. But it seems pretty solid, and it doesn't look like it's going to break or tear any time soon, and the zipper seems quite sturdy. It does have a few folds from being shipped, but I'm trying to straighten them out by filling the bag with clothes. The fabric seems to be some type of canvas with a coating, it doesn't really have that faux leather feel, but it looks decent. And I think this is one of those bags, that are going to look better after a bit of use. It does smell quite a bit of plastic, but I'm going to let it air out for a while. So don't expect to use it the same day you get it. Overall I think it's definately worth checking out, and I'm going back to get myself a few new handbags for sure!

Picture from Dresslink, to commpare with the actual product.
I can't believe I got a whole set of brushes for $5,67 that's seriously a bargain! I had no idea what to expect from these brushes, but I thought they looked pretty good, from what I could tell on the Picture. I'm going to do a full review on these, as I havent yet washed or used them. But from what I can tell right now, they seem sturdy, dense and soft. Some of them have lost their shape a bit, from being wrapped in plastic, but I'm guessing they will go back to normal once they have been washed. I can already tell, that these do shed a bit, but hopefully that will stop after a wash as well. I can't wait to start using them, they actually look really promising and I think they will be really great for buffing and blending, because they are so dense and soft. I would compare the quality to the ELF studio brushes, great for the Price, but by no means a luxury brush. 

Picture from Dresslink, to commpare with the actual product.
I have to be honest here, these are not my favorites. They smell really really strong of some sort of plastic, some scents can induce a headache in me, and this is one of those scents. Although I got a good variety of colors, I got mainly the same 2-3 designs, and from looking at the Picture, it seems there are more designs available. So I'm pretty sure you just get random designs, and maybe I was just unfortunate. Now these are not horrible, but they are a Little hit or miss. Some of the stickers are really really soft and when you try to pick them up from he sheet, they break. Some are just fine. But seeing how these costs more than the hand bag, I would say skip these and get yourself another hand bag.
 
The total for these 3 items is $13,27 and the shipping was about $5-6. Shipping get's more expensive the more the items weigh, so it can get a Little pricey if you buy a lot of stuff, but then again, the items are super cheap. I'm definately going to buy some shoes and a few purses in the near future. When it comes to the quality, you get what you pay for, it's not going to be luxury items or the most amazing quality ever, but if you are fine with that, and want to save some Money, I say go for it!
 

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm definately going to get more bags :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of nail stickers!! I've never used them before, but now I definitely am considering trying some out! <3

    xoxo, Brooke ( www.thepinklyme.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use them all that often, but I thought it would be fun for summer. But these particular ones, aren't that great.

      Delete
  3. I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on the brush set! It looks like a really inexpensive alternative to Sigma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definately going to review them, once I've tested them for a bit.

      Delete
  4. Those brushes are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to review them very soon :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig