Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Makeup Revolution Powder blushes.

I got these Makeup Revolution blushes in my last MUR haul last month. I had no idea what to expect from these £1 blushes, but I thought I would give them a try.
 
Price: £1 or about $1,59 on Makeup Revolutions website.
 
Packaging: The packaging of these are phasing out, I actually thought I ordered the new ones, wich are white Squares. But customer service told me, they were phasing them out slowly, so I can't say when exactly this old packaging will be sold out. But I expect it's soon. So I can't say much about the new packaging, but the old packaging seems nice and sturdy enough.

I got the Shades "love" and "sugar" there are 6 different colors to choose from, all pretty natural looking, no crazy colors in this range. These 2 blushes are both matte, I'm not sure if the 4 other Shades are all matte as well, but as far as I can see none of them look shimmery.
L: Sugar R: Love

I'm really pleased with how soft and smooth these feel. They are a little powdery, and will kick up a little dust, when you stick your brush in it, just tap off your brush and you will be fine. They are not chalky at all.
 
When it comes to pigmentation, I have no complaints. These are perfectly pigmented for my pale skin. I don't want intense pigmentation with one little brush stroke, and I'm really prone to clown cheeks. However, these are definately buildable, I have managed to over apply on more than one occasion. These are definately not sheer either. So I think pigmentation is amazing, but not over the top. Just right.

L:Sugar R:Love
The staying power is actually pretty good! I was surprised to find, that these last me all day. And when swatching them, I actually found them to slightly stain my skin, but not to the point where they could not be removed with simple water and a cotton round. I'm definately pleased with the staying power.
L:love R:sugar
I'm really impressed with these blushes, and I hope Makeup Revolution come out with more shades at some point, because these are actually pretty awesome. I can't believe they are only £1! I need more of them. So I definately recommend these blushes and I can't wait to see the new packaging. 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I had no idea there was new packaging coming out! I love the blushers I think they are so nice to wear.
    www.allthingskerri.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging on the website has been different for over a month. I initially thought they were completely new blushes, so I was surprised when I got the old ones. But yeah new packaging is on the way, if it's not already there.

      Delete
  2. You never really see reviews of these blushes do you? They look lovely though, and for a £1 you can't go wrong xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it was one of those items, bloggers talked about when the brand first launched. But ever since then, I've heard nothing about them. They are pretty great.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig