Thursday, June 25, 2015

my lipstick collection

In honor of lipstick month. I thought I would share an updated lipstick Collection post. I have done these in the past, but a lot has changed since. I have gotten rid of quite a few old or bad lipsticks and I have added some new lipsticks as well. I tried finding all my lipsticks for this post. But I know that I am missing at least 3, a Rimmel colour rush balm, a sephora lipstick and an Essence lipstick. Not sure where they are hiding, but probably in a weekend bag somewhere. But here ya go, a look at my Collection.

The oranges, corals and peaches
The purples
The reds
The pinks
The mauvey nudes
The Classic nudes
The cool toned and darker nudes
So as you can see, I really like my neutral lippies! I don't have any nudes that are lighter than my skin tone, as I don't think those are very flattering. I tend to prefer neutrals that are a little darker than my skin tone and are either mauvey or greige.
 
When it comes to reds, I don't have that many. I do love a good red lip, but I find the ones I have to be perfect, and don't feel the need for more.
 
I used to Wear purple lipstick a lot, I don't Wear it quite that often anymore, but I do love a good purple lip.
 
I also had a phase with orange and coral lippies a while back, but haven't collected any new ones for a while. I don't tend to Wear these types of lip colours that often, but I do like to Wear them on a warm summer day.
 
For a girl that can't pull of pinks that well, I sure do have a lot of pink lipstick! Most of these have neutral undertones, as I have a really hard time pulling off cool toned pinks, and I'm just not a fan of super bright pink on me. But I do love a good neutral pink now and then.
 
So that's it for my Collection. I also have a MAC lipstick palette and some other lip palettes from different brands, but I'll show you those another day. If you have done a post on your lipstick Collection, I would love to see it.
 

 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really loved your collection :D If I had a collection that big it will be close to yours since my favourite lipsticks colours are pinks and nudes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'm not that daring when it comes to lipstick. I try and venture into strange colors, but I mostly buy strangely colored lip liners, as they are super cheap, so it doesn't "hurt" as much if I don't like them hehe.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love your collection. It's so pleasing to the eye when everything is organized. The nude lipsticks are all gorgeous!

    Mikayla | www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mikayla :) I love a good nude :)

      Delete
  3. Wow you have so many beautiful colours! My fav has got to be the purples . They have this effortless bold colour I love thanks for sharing http://bauchlefashion.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I need to try and wear purples a little more, because I really do like a good purple lip.

      Delete
  4. I just started becoming more confident about wearing lip color and have been buying different types and brands like crazy. I need to branch out to different colors, because I just keep buying pinks, haha

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I keep buying nudes, as you can probably tell. I found that starting with sheer colours and then working slowly towards more opaque colors, was a great way for me to ease into brighter lipsticks. You can always sheer it out with a bit of lip balm underneath, I still do this with super bright Shades, it makes it more wearable for me. And it's also a great way to ease into red lips.

      Delete
  5. That is a great lipstick collection! I have 6 lipsticks only until now :P
    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 lipsticks is good, my amount is crazy. Before blogging I probably only had 2 or 3 at a time.

      Delete
  6. Nice collection! I like how you divided everything into color categories. I love a pink lip too but can't wear cool toned pinks at all. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool toned pinks, especially cool toned baby pinks look horrible on me. I tendt to lean more towards neutral to warm toned pinks. But when I Wear them sheered out, it looks decent.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig