Monday, May 25, 2015

Makeup Revolution Mermaids forever palette

It seems that Makeup Revolution always have a new palette launching. And honestly, I was getting a Little bored with all the neutral palettes so when I saw this colorful palette, I knew I had to have it. I have been playing around with it for a while now, and tried to do a look for each color scheme in the palette, just to get a feel for it. So here we go.
 
Price: £8 or about $11,99 on Makeup Revolutions website.
 
Packaging: Just like all the other 32 shade palettes from MUR, sturdy, good quality with a great big mirror. I still get annoyed by the plastic inlay with the names on it. If I did not blog, it would have been tossed as soon as I first opened the palette.


Compared to the other 32 palettes I have (Flawless, flawless matte) this is not as great - quality wise. The colors are pretty, but some of them don't perform very well. The highlight Shades are not very good and the purples are really not very pigmented, even some of the blues are not up to the regular MUR standard. It seems that there is too much binder in the shadows, wich make them quite hard to swatch and to pick up with my brushes, it may just be my palette though, as I have seen some beautiful swatches in other bloggers reviews.


I do really like the peachy/orange row, the pinky/rusty row, the greens and the Browns and even the last row with the dark Shades. So it's pretty much just the highlights, the purples and the blues that do not perform very well. But I also feel that this palette needs some mattes. I don't wear straight up metallic or pearly eyeshadows all over the lid, I like to mix it up with some mattes. And while I do have the "flawless matte" palette, It would have been nice to see some colorful mattes.



Although I feel, that some of these Shades don't perform very well, I still really like the palette. It definately inspires me, to go out of my comfort zone, and try new eyeshadow looks. But it's definately more of an addition to your Collection, than a complete palette, as I would still need some mattes and a decent highlight shade to work with this palette.
 
You definately want to use a primer, or even a shadow base with these, to ensure that they stay vibrant for as long as possible. This has nothing to do with the MUR quality, I just find that vibrant colorful Shades, tend to fade more noticably than your neutrals. Especially reds.


So even though I had some negative Things to say, I really do still like this palette, and I have really enjoyed some of the looks I have done with it. I just want to be honest, and tell you about what I like and dislike, so you can make up your own mind about it. I do not regret buying it, and I will get a lot of use out of it, I really realy have been enjoying it, but I would enjoy it even more, if those purples and those highlight Shades werent pressed so hard in the pan, that nothing shows up on the brush.  


My favorite row, has to be the corals and oranges and the rusty reds and pinks. I used colors from those 2 rows to create the look above. I got away with this look without needing to add eyeshadows from other palettes. But in the look below, I did have to add highlights and a matte crease color + somme gold, to add contrast. But those bright green shadows are banging!
 
So what do you think of this palette? have you tried it? will you be picking it up? what's your favorite colorful eyeshadow colors? let me know in the comments section.



SHARE:

14 comments

  1. That's a shame as the colors look awesome. I'm thinking of trying this palette myself, so when i review it I will see if mine does the same. Some of the brights in other MUR palettes such as Color Chaos and Eat Sleep Makeup Repeat are either powdery or have bad pigment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to try it, please let me know what you thought. It may just be my palette. I am wearing the naked chocolate palette right now, and I'm blown away... It's amazing.

      Delete
    2. Sure. I have that one too, be reviewing that soon x

      Delete
  2. I cant wait to see what amazing Looks you come up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really into the oranges and reds :) And the 2 top greens are super awesome.

      Delete
  4. What a fun palette! I don't think I could pull off the majority of the colors, but the swatches look so pretty and vibrant!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about how you use the different colors. If you pair them with neutral shadows, you could definately get a more wearable look. Maybe I should do a post about wearable pops of color soon. :)

      Delete
  5. Those are some nice looks. I agree that you need matte to go along with the shimmers. I hate it when the color is so packed in that you can't get much out with your brush. It makes it tedious and difficult. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah so do I. Fortunately not all the colors are like this. Lucky for me, the colors that I find most wearable on me, are pretty much all good... Except for the purples.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous palette, I know what you mean with the eyeshadows, not all of them are that pigmented, but the colors are incredible! I really love your second look, the combination is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thanks, I'm really glad you like that look. It so different from what I normally would do.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig