Thursday, July 23, 2015

Essence nude gloss review

 I'm super super pleased with all the "nude" products Essence has been lauunching this past year. So I thought I would try one of the nude glosses. I do have to say, that I'm more into the medium nude Shades, rather than the super light beigey nudes. And Essence do have a lot of those super light Shades in this Collection, so I would love to see some darker versions as well.

Price: €1,95 or about $2,14

Packaging: The packaging is the same as their lonlasting glosses (so sad that those are discontinued) I really like the packaging. The doe foot applicator is great, and I don't think this looks like a cheap lip gloss at all. Very pleased with the packaging. You get 5ml.

This is the darkest color from the XXXL nude gloss Collection, 06 Soft almond. It's a sheer, creamy browny nude color. It's not too warm toned and not too cool either. On my skin it looks quite dark, but once Applied it looks a bit lighter. It has just the right amount of pigmentation for me. I don't want my glosses to be too sheer and I don't want them to be crazy opaque either. This is sheer, yet pigmented enough to get the color I want.
I was expecting this gloss, to be the same formula as the longlasting glosses, but it's not. The formula is the same as their original XXXL glosses, wich is a lot less sticky, but also wears off a lot quicker. It's a much more comfortable gloss, than the longlasting ones, but the staying power is not that great. I don't mind it too much, as I really really like the color and I like how comfortable it is to wear. I just have to reapply it quite often.
 
I haven't noticed much of a scent with this one, maybe just the slightest sweet scent, but it's not noticable once Applied. Wich is good if you hate scented lip products. And this does not have a taste to it either. I really really hate when lip products taste of perfume or even just have a sweet taste, so very pleased with that.
I definately recommend these glosses, to anyone looking for a comfortable, affordable everyday gloss. I will be getting a lot of use out of this one. I'm not sure if I would try any of the other Shades though, they look quite pale, but if Essence came out with something similar to this shade, I would definately pick it up.
 
Have you tried these glosses? what do you think?
 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Beautiful gloss!
    xx

    Too Faced Giveaway - www.theblackblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig