Thursday, July 30, 2015

Essence all about chocolates review

Today I have my last review of these "all about" palettes. It's the "all about chocolates" palette. I have also reviewed the "all about nude" "all about romance" "all about sunrise" and the "all about spring" palettes. These palettes are being discontinued, and replaced with new 8 pan versions. I'm sad to see these leave, but also very excited to try the new ones.

Price: £3,45 or about $3,77 at Kosmetik4less.de

Packaging: I love it! the clear plastic packaging looks really nice, and it feels really sturdy. You get a lot of eyeshadow, and there is no waisted Space, no applicators either! You do not get a mirror either, but seriously, how many products with mirrors do you need? you probably have enough of those anyways. You get 8,5 grams of shadow divided between 6 shadows.

At a first glance, this palette looks quite cool toned. But upon swatching it, I found it to look a Little warmer Against my skin. Applied to the lids, the colors are quite neutral, leaning on cool. You get 1 matte pale cream color and 1 satin/shimmery champagne and the rest are somewhere in between satin and metallic. These are all very subtle neutrals and once Applied to my eyes most of the darker colors look pretty much the same.
 
I really really like the matte pale cream color, but I wish that the darker colors were a little more different from eachother. I would have liked to see a matte dark chocolate shade or a warm cocoa shade. No matter what colors I use, I find that the eye looks turn up, pretty much identical. So I would say, that this palette isn't all that versatile. With that being said, I do actually really like the finished result it gives. I think this is a great little everyday palette, for beginners as well as the more experienced users.
 
I still prefer my "all about sunrise" as I'm much more into the warm neutrals. But I definately recommend this if you are into more cool toned neutrals and if you want something affordable that's still great quality. It's a great little palette for throwing in your weekend bag, and it won't take up much space.

 
Have you tried any of these little palettes? how do you feel about them getting discontinued? let me know.
 
 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. recently, I am all about neutral eyes and this one looks like a must have. Shall try to lay my hands on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definately a nice Little neutral palette.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig