Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Essence all about nude review


I love Essence products. So I don't even know, why I haven't bought any of their little palettes sooner. Well I went a little cray cray, and bought almost all of the small essence palettes on Kosmetik4less.de. I have already reviewed the "all about spring" palette that came in a limited edition gift set. And now it's time to review this "all about nude" palette.
 
Price: £3,45 or about $3,77 at Kosmetik4less.
 
Packaging: I love it! the clear plastic packaging looks really nice, and it feels really sturdy. You get a lot of eyeshadow, and there is no waisted Space, no applicators either! You do not get a mirror either, but seriously, how many products with mirrors do you need? you probably have enough of those anyways. You get 8,5 grams of shadow divided between 6 shadows.
 

I have mixed feelings about this particular palette. I know it's a nude eyeshadow palette, but I would have liked a little more pigmentation, plus I feel like some of the Shades are too similar to be able to differentiate between them once applied. These are not horrible by any Means, and I did find them to get better as I dug around in them a little. They are nice and smooth and easy to blend. But they aren't very vibrant or dimensional in finish. I did come up with about 2-3 different looks that I liked, and I will definately be getting some use out of this little palette. But it's not my favorite and I probably won't be reaching for it on a daily basis.
 
 
When it comes to staying power, I always always wear a primer, and I did find them to fade a bit throughout the day, as my lids tend to get a little oily. With a waterproof shadow base, this should not be an issue, and it really depends on how oily your lids are. But I would say staying power is about average. If you really like these type of colors, I say go for it! you definately get quite the bang for your buck, but after swatching all the different "all about" palettes, I can say that this is one of the weaker ones.
 
Have you tried this palette? would you be interested in trying it?
 
 


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have their warm Sun Club palette and honestly, I am not head over heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of the sun Club ones as well. These are not the same palettes. The packaging is different as well as the formula. These "all about" palettes are a lot better in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Yes. Apparently, they looked the same. But, after you mentioned, I notice the difference. J

      Delete
    3. Yes at a first glance I can see the resemblance, but I think these ones are much better than the old sun-club onces. I gave my sun-club palette away, as it just didn't do much for me.

      Delete
  2. I never tried this palette. The colors are beautiful, but I prefer chocolate or beige color range

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think you may just like the "all about chocolates" palette... I will be reviewing that one too :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig