Thursday, July 2, 2015

Essence pure nude powder review

Summer is finally upon us! We have been waiting for the summer weather in Denmark for a long time now, and it's finally here! I go through powder like crazy during the summer months. So I thought I would share my newest powder purchase with you. The Essence pure nude powder.
 
This comes in 4 Shades and I chose the lightest (pure Ivory) and it's a perfect match. But because the powder is so sheer, I think I could get away with the second lightest also.
 
Price: €3,45 or about $3,82
 
Packaging: Typical plastic packaging. Normally Essence like to make all clear packaging. But I think they have made the back og this compact black, to hide the terracotta plate, that this powder is baked on. I had to glue my plate back in, as it fell out of the compact. I'm not sure if this was just mine, or they all are a like that. But it was no big deal, and fortunately the powder did not break.
 
This powder definately lives up to it's name, it does not make me look overly matte and does not make my face look cakey or powdery at all. It does mattify, but it's a healthy satin matte and not a flat matte. It's really hard to overdo this powder, wich I appreciate. It does not lend any additional coverage to your makeup, but it sets your Foundation nicely and gives a natural finish.
 
I really enjoy using this powder, and I find it controls my oils quite well, even though I don't think it's supposed to. This is a great powder for pretty much all skin types. It does not accentuate dry patches and it held up pretty well on my more oily days. And paired with my favorite setting spray from Makeup Revolution, you have a powerhouse of a combo!
I have to admit, that I actually prefer this over my MAC mineralized skin finish. Yup you heard me. The MAC one has better coverage, but it's also a lot more obvious on my skin. It just doesn't look as nice on me as this powder does. So if you are in the market for a great baked powder, with a natural finish, that wears well on most skin types, and does not make you look cakey or powdery, I would totally recommend this one! It's pretty awesome, and it's pretty much the only powder I reach for at the moment.

So definately check this powder out! I can't believe it's less than 4 bucks. I'm never buying a MAC mineralized skin finish powder Again, that's for sure.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Really liked your review! Currently I'm using a Catrice powder but maybe I'll check this out next time I'll go shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really glad you liked it. It's definately worth checking out. :)

      Delete
  2. I hear that there is a newly opened stall for Essence in a salon nearby. Looks like I HAVE to drop in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. Do let me know if you pick up anything. I would love to know. I wish we had a store in Denmark that Sells Essence. For now I have to get it online :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig